Version 2.0.0 Beta 4
SQLGrinder 2 Beta 4 includes the following changes:
- [ADDED] Wake from sleep will now cause application to ask user if they want to work online, can be turned on/off in preferences.
- [ADDED] Followed Apple design cues and removed borders from window edges.
- [FIXED] Resolved a problem where a '--' comment was causing queries to fail.
- [FIXED] Foreign keys now get displayed correctly.
- [FIXED] Syntax coloring of typed text now works when a saved file is reopened.
- [FIXED] Resolved exception that was thrown when a SQLGrinder Document with multiple saved buffers was reopened.
- [FIXED] PostgreSQL BIGINT type should now be imported correctly, also fixed support for more PostgreSQL data types.
- [FIXED] Optimized PostgreSQL keyword fetching so that should now be faster for some schemas.
- [FIXED] Fixed a problem restoring statement library that was causing the window to "jump" to a new position when opened.
- [FIXED] Now building with latest OmniGroup frameworks.
- [FIXED] FrontBase schemas should now be displayed correctly.
- Extended beta expiration date to October 31, 2005 at Midnight.
- There are still some known issues with Oracle, including lack of procedure package support when displaying procedures.
- There are still some known issues with SQL Server, including ones related to schema display, and the application behavior of a very large text fields in the result set tables.
Version 2.0.0 Beta 3
SQLGrinder 2 Beta 3 includes the following changes:
- [ADDED] Added "All Columns" to search field menus, so that all columns of a result set can be searched at once.
- [ADDED] User now prompted to save new logins upon successful connections to databases. Can be turned on and off in Login preferences.
- [ADDED] Added an icon that shows the edit state of the data table in the schema browser. Only tables with primary keys can be edited.
- [ADDED] SQL statements can now be sent with command-return as well as command-enter.
- [ADDED] Added preference to automatically retrieve rows for data table when switching to the data tab in the schema browser. Thread for loading rows can also now be canceled.
- [ADDED] Added schema qualifier to reduce schema retrieval data set. Primarily for Oracle users, the database in the login sheet can now be specified as SID:schema so that instead of the entire world being pulled back, which is what the Oracle JDBC driver returns, a specific schema and only that schema will be loaded. Usage: DevDB:SCOTT will retrieve only the SCOTT schema from the database with an SID of DevDB. This is a lot faster than pulling everything back and displaying it, even when you can't view and edit most of the schema outside of SCOTT and don't need that data.
- [FIXED] Resolved issues related to switching to working offline while editing schema browser data table.
- [FIXED] Windows are smarter about their saved sizes and positions.
- [FIXED] Hitting return to end schema browser data table change now updates data correctly.
- [FIXED] Keyword completion now works when keyword is proceeded by a period character.
- [FIXED] Fixed "File Has Been Modified" message that was being displayed when it shouldn't have been.
- [FIXED] Resolved problems with new syntax color defaults not getting initialized correctly. This also fixes a potential crash condition when logging in.
- [FIXED] Resolved a problem where "Show Library" and "Message Log" toolbar buttons never enabled.
- [FIXED] Resolved issue where picking database from combo menu wasn't marking the login as changed, so the value wasn't used.
- [FIXED] SQL statements can be edited in statement library.
There are still some known issues with Oracle, including lack of procedure package support when displaying procedures.