SQLGrinder 2 Release Notes
This blog documents the changes made in each version of SQLGrinder.
Version 2.0.0 Beta 6
SQLGrinder 2 Beta 6 includes the following changes:
- [ADDED] Moved keyword fetching to a background thread.
- [ADDED] Handling of lost connections is now handled is a more robust manner. Connections are now checked before use, and if a connection is lost, the user is prompted to see if they want to reconnect to the database.
- [FIXED] Fixed a problem retrieving schema table columns for FrontBase.
- [FIXED] Reload Keywords menu item is no longer enabled when preference is disabled.
- [FIXED] Corrected a problem where keyword completion wasn't working when a table or procedure table had an underscore character in the name.
- [FIXED] Fixed problems refreshing schema nodes that were causing application to hang.
- [FIXED] Fixed a problem where an old preferences file could cause the application to crash at startup.
- [FIXED] Fixed a problem retrieving schema data table information for Oracle.
- Extended beta expiration to November 30th.
- There are still some known issues with SQL Server, including ones related to schema display, and the application behavior of a very large text fields in the result set tables. I'm still waiting to replace my MSFT SQL Server database for testing.
Version 2.0.0 Beta 5
SQLGrinder 2 Beta 5 includes the following changes:
- [ADDED] Oracle stored procedure packages are now supported.
- [FIXED] Selecting a row in the search field results in the schema browser no longer displays the wrong item information.
- [FIXED] Plugged some memory leaks when windows are closed.
- [FIXED] Fixed a memory allocation error that was causing a semi-frequent crash when using the schema browser.
- [FIXED] Resolved a problem fetching the data table rows when using DB2.
- There are still some known issues with SQL Server, including ones related to schema display, and the application behavior of a very large text fields in the result set tables.